Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recipe: Lunchtime "Baked" Apples

I usually go home on my lunch break. I take the dog out, make a salad or sandwich or reheat leftovers, and watch What Not to Wear while I eat. Travel takes about 15 minutes total (home and back to work), and the dog gets about 10-15 minutes of outside time. That leaves me roughly 30 minutes for lunch. Today I really wanted a warm, sweet dessert -- even though it's 90 degrees today! -- so I came up with this recipe (if you can even call it that).

Lunchtime "Baked" Apples
Serves: 1

Ingredients:

1 apple (I used a honeycrisp)
cinnamon
water

-core and slice apple (I have an actual gadget for this. Don't judge, it was a gift).
-put apple slices in a microwave-safe bowl.
-add a splash of water to the bowl
-top with as much cinnamon as you wish. I used probably close to 1 Tbsp. I really like cinnamon.
-microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and microwave for another 2 minutes*

You could add a bit of brown sugar, but my apple was very sweet as it was. Plus, I'm trying to see how long I can go without eating sugar. So far, I'm on day three and it's been going better than I expected.



*The time may vary based on your particular microwave, and how soft you like your apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment