Monday, September 27, 2010

A Perfect Autumn Weekend

This weekend started off with a new PDR: I ran 5 miles on Saturday morning at the beautiful KSF, about 2 miles on the road and 3 on trails. I felt like wonder woman when I was finished! I am slowly becoming more confident with running, and I feel like I could have gone another mile or two if I'd wanted to. It would have sucked and I would have been sore, but I could have done it. This gives me so much hope that my dream of someday running a half marathon is achievable!

Saturday night, we went to a friend's house to watch the WVU game. Neither Brad nor I really watch or follow college football, so it was more a social event for us. I don't have a lot of friends here in Charleston yet, so it's always nice to have an opportunity to hang out with actual people, not just my dog.

Sunday, I cheered Brad on in his last mountain bike race of the year (Cyclocross, the quintessential fall cycling season, starts next week), then we came home, made cornbread and a huge pot of chili, and watched football while drinking pumpkin beer. It was a perfect fall weekend, from start to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment