I distinctly remember, Saturday evening, as I stepped off of the trail in my flip flops, thinking "I sure hope this plant that is snaking over my bare feet isn't poisonous."
And, of course, it was poison ivy. I've spent a lot of time in the woods in my life but this is the first time I have been afflicted. Both of my feet are full of itchy little red sores and they feel like they are on fire. I also have pink eye, or some problem with my right eye that, the more I think about it, may be poison ivy as well (from touching my foot and then rubbing my eye).