It is Friday night, I am having a "girls' night" with the dog, which means I am drinking wine alone on the couch and watching YouTube videos of songs that make me cry, and the dog is sleeping upstairs on the futon in my office.
I have had a rough week. Here are just a few of the things that made it so:
1. I had a work project completely fall apart on Monday.
2. In the middle of dealing with the work project that was falling apart on Monday, Jehovah's Witnesses showed up at my door and would not leave. I was way too Wisconsin-Nice to them. I Wisconsin-nicely told them I don't buy the whole "god" thing, but that wasn't enough to scare them away.
3. I started stripping the wallpaper in my kitchen, only to find that the plaster was coming down with it. My kitchen now looks like a crack house.
4. I was carrying a 72" long piece of plate glass when it shattered, cutting my face, hands, and embedding itself in my feet. What has two thumbs and moves while wearing flip flops? This guy.
5. Brad was gone all week and I miss him. You know that really bad pop song that goes "my life would suck without you?" Well, in my case, it's true.
The good news is, tomorrow some friends are coming over to drink and help me strip the rest of the wallpaper in my kitchen, thus completing the crack den look. And then Brad is coming home on Sunday. I do believe that, in the whole 13 years we have been together, this is the longest we have been apart, and I don't like it one bit.
In other news, watch this and try not to cry: