Monday, July 6, 2009

I'll Take You Down to See My Emmeline

My best friend, I have known for 20 years. I sang with her at an NKOTB concert at age 11. She is married to a bona fide genius. She has been through some very difficult times in her life but has conquered them with strength and grace. She lives in Maryland and I live in West Virginia, but she is planning a bridal luncheon for me the day before my wedding in our hometown. She's just like that. She is the most thoughtful and loving person I have ever met.

She gave birth to a baby girl named Emmeline yesterday. From the picture that I saw, Emmeline looks just like her mother, which is to say that she is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her, my goddaughter. I can't wait to find out who she will become. If she is anything like her parents, she'll be awesome.

Welcome, Emmeline. The world is such a wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment