Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why, Charleston?

Why won't you take my recyclables?

For the last two weeks, I have placed the bin out on the curb along with our trash cans. And for the past two weeks, there they have remained after the garbage truck has come and gone.

The first week, I just put the items in the bin. When they were not picked up, I read on the city's website that they have to be in clear plastic bags. I looked at three different stores and couldn't find any clear bags! So this week, I put them in grocery store plastic bags in the bin, to no avail. I guess they are really serious about this clear plastic bag business? Where does one find these elusive clear bags?!

I just want to recycle my Diet Coke cans, people!

edited: Brad found clear plastic bags at Lowe's! We'll see what next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment